Ghost signs make final appearance during Casper building demolition

Published by on

CASPER, Wyo. — Ghosts from one of Casper’s early businesses reappeared after decades behind a stucco façade during preliminary demolition on a building near downtown.

The single-story building at 136 West B St. was the home of Title Service Inc. and had reportedly been abandoned for many years. Sections of the building’s collapsing roof could be seen from other taller surrounding buildings.

According to the Wyoming Secretary of State’s business listings, Title Service Inc. was first registered in 1957, with the license being allowed to expire around 1993.

Behind the yellow stucco applications is a red brick building with a painted sign that partially reads “Natrona Transfer & Storage Company.” The Secretary of State’s office lists the Natrona Moving & Storage Company, originally listed as the Natrona Transfer, Storage & Fuel Company, which was first registered in 1920.

The building sits near the Hall of Justice, at the edge of what was the Sandbar District, known for its rough reputation for drinking, gambling and sex workers. The area was mostly cleared under urban renewal in the early 1970s.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

Downtown downfall: Time line set for razing Youngstown Realty Tower
Marilyn Monroe’s House Saved From Demolition in California The Actress Was Found Dead in the Brentwood Residence in 1962
Veit Submits Winning Bid To Demolish Milwaukee Northridge Mall
Skip to toolbar