Traveling Demolition Project Manager (Independence Excavating)
Traveling Demolition Project Manager
Independence Demolition is looking for a motivated and assertive Demolition Project Manager to join our growing team. The DPM will report to the Senior Project Manager and will be responsible for controlling the job site from beginning set-up to close-out and monitoring progress and budget along the way. This position requires 90% travel.
What do we believe in?
Provide a safe, family-oriented environment. Commitment to integrity. Protect our most valuable assets.
Always deliver the highest quality. Find solutions. Provide value to our partners.
Positively impact the communities we serve. Give back. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
A typical day looks like:
- Soliciting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers
- Preparing a rough schedule of the project for determining time frame and review estimated productions with superintendents to finalize the bid
- Assembling job cost codes for projects and regularly update
- Monitoring production, resource utilization, and overall job cost vs. estimated cost to maintain profit margin on projects
Do you have what it takes?
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required and Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred
- 8+ years of previous related experience is required
- Must be familiar with demolition equipment
- Solid working knowledge of engineering theories and practices as it relates to demolition
- Must make constant important decisions about the job itself, various costs, scheduling and planning
- Regularly must make decisions to resolve conflict with people, vendors, or physical aspects of the job
- Traveling is required about 90% of the time
- Weekly Competitive Pay!
- Excellent Benefits:
- FSA & HSA
- Life Insurance + Optional Family Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- 401(k) + Company match
- Paid corporate training program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stability and a variety of different roles that provide a path to career advancement
- Family-owned and operated since 1956
Who is IX?
From breaking ground to the finished project, our team has been laying the groundwork for excellence on heavy civil construction and demolition projects for over 65 years. We combine innovations of industry with decades of successfully completed projects, proving we are a value-added partner from the ground up! Over six decades, Independence Excavating has established a team of construction professionals that sets us apart from other contractors. To learn more, visit our website: www.indexc.com/
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.