Traveling Demolition Project Manager (Independence Excavating)
Traveling Demolition Project Manager
Independence Excavating is looking for a motivated and assertive Traveling Demolition Project Manager to join our growing teams on demo project across the United States. The DPM will report to the Senior Project Manager and will be responsible for managing the administrative, contractual, cost tracking, and scheduling aspects of the demolition projects. This role is very heavy administratively and requires thoroughness and follow through on all items.
What do we believe in?
Provide a safe, family-oriented environment. Commitment to integrity. Protect our most valuable assets.
Always deliver the highest quality. Find solutions. Provide value to our partners.
Positively impact the communities we serve. Give back. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
A typical day looks like:
- Effectively and professionally communicating verbally with employees, external vendors, owners, and general contractors
- Reading, understanding, and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Soliciting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, writing subcontracts and PO's, schedule coordination and invoices
- Making sure that permits, if required, are obtained
- Working with Superintendent to determine equipment and crew needs
- Preparing monthly detailed pay estimates for submission to owners and price up changes/extra work for the owner
- Making constant important decisions and resolving conflicts about the job or project itself, including various costs, scheduling, and contract items
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned
Do you have what it takes?
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required and Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred
- 6-8+ years of solid working knowledge of engineering theories and practices as it relates to demolition
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the varieties of tasks assigned
- Must develop positive working relationships with Owners, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers as well as local government offices
- MS Office and construction management software experience, preferably, HCSS, Primavera (P6), Viewpoint, MS Project, Adobe/Bluebeam
- 100% travel is required, including regular overnight travel; position is required to be onsite full time and is often out of state
- Weekly Competitive Pay!
- Excellent Benefits:
- FSA & HSA
- Life Insurance + Optional Family Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- 401(k) + Company match
- Paid corporate training program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stability and a variety of different roles that provide a path to career advancement
- Family-owned and operated since 1956
Who is IX?
From breaking ground to the finished project, our team has been laying the groundwork for excellence on heavy civil construction and demolition projects for over 6 5 years. We combine innovations of industry with decades of successfully completed projects, proving we are a value-added partner from the ground up! Over six decades, Independence Excavating has established a team of construction professionals that sets us apart from other contractors. To learn more, visit our website: www.indexc.com/
Independence Excavating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.