Superintendent Residential Construction
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Superintendents oversee the home construction operations for multiple homes. The major focus is on quality, production time and accuracy of building per Plans, Specifications and Selections. The Superintendent shall manage all aspects of construction from demolition to certificate of occupancy.
My client is an Alexandria-based real estate development company specializing in the design and construction of high-end custom homes in Northern Virginia, with 90% of its new construction concentrated in Arlington County. The company was established in 2010 and has grown rapidly since inception. They passionate about building high quality homes that meet modern lifestyle needs. Its fully integrated team of designers, sales, marketing, and construction professionals consistently adapt to industry trends to meet market demand. We are looking for an experienced superintendent to join the Construction Department.
- Manage and supervise the complete construction work required for multiple custom homes
- Utilize software to obtain all current house selections
- Manage and coordinate with utility companies (electrical, gas, water, sewer)
- Update house schedules, and logs daily
- Interior/exterior photos of each lot or house during construction twice weekly minimum uploaded to daily log
- Enforce all quality control requirements as developed by the Project Manager
- Communicate parking limitations with all vendors
- Prepare and execute back charge notices as required
- Keep jobsites clean on daily basis. Vendors are responsible to clean up their debris daily.
- Inspect jobsite daily for any OSHA violations and any other safety concerns
- Obtain and maintain safety/PPE materials: hard hat, safety glasses, 1st aid kit & fire extinguisher
- Provide regular updates on vendor performance to Project Manager
- Obtain all Governmental inspections required: Building, VDOT, Zoning, etc.
- Maintain good relationships with neighbors
- Stage material deliveries as necessary with vendors due to lot size and access limitations
- Supervise the delivery of concrete and other large delivery vehicles to ensure they do not damage neighbor's property (damage curbs, walks, aprons, yard ruts, etc)
- Complete SWPPP inspections every 4 days minimum
- Perform Framing and Architectural walks for each home
- Perform PSD walk with Clients and Project Manager for each house
- Attend preconstruction meetings
Meet with Governmental agencies when necessary to resolve permitting, inspection or other issues impacting our work
- Highly motivated individual, eager to continue in their career development in the evolving environment of building construction.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and civil blueprints
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple subcontractors and employees on multiple home construction sites at one time
- Understanding of Local and State Building Codes
- Understanding of Local and State Stormwater Management Practices
- Training will be provided as needed.
- Candidate must have a reliable mode of transportation as candidate will be expected to visit active construction sites.
- Experience using Buildertrend (not required but preferred).
- Use of the Construction Management software, Buildertrend, will be expected if accepted.
- Vehicle allowance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Health/Dental benefits available after 90 days
- 401k matching contributions available after 1 year
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 13 PTO days and 6 paid holidays annually