Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX - Arlington, TX
$16.00 - $24.00 Hourly
The Remediation Technician is primarily responsible for physically performing mold remediation and asbestos abatement, setting up containment, performing demolition as needed, delivering, staging, setting-up and monitoring remediation/abatement equipment, taking down and decontaminating drying/remediation/abatement equipment, and overseeing demolition/cleaning crews of up to 10 people. This person may be required to meet with third party Environmentalists or Consultants assigned to any projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remediation Technician responds to scheduled or emergency remediation, mitigation, and abatement projects.
- Perform remediation services based on direction from the job project manager/designer
- Interpret job scopes to determine the remediation/abatement services needed
- Removes drywall, pulls up flooring, clears out all debris
- Performs detailed cleaning of building components
- Dries out water damaged materials with drying equipment
- Oversee crews that are performing remediation/abatement demolition and cleaning
- Competently setup and take down containment barriers and understand air pressurization
- Remediation Technician perform crimes, trauma and biohazard clean-up and perform remediation services
- Track subcontractor labor hours
- Track certificates or all workers on site
- Remediation Technician manages disposal of contaminated waste
- Ensure that crew members wearing proper PPE, donning, and doffing at designated location within the decontamination chamber, and following proper safety measures during demolition and cleaning
- Understands basic OSHA guidelines
- Provides excellent customer service to property owner
- Effectively communicates job updates/progress with clients, insurance representatives and Project Manager
- Responds 24x7 as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Must be able to oversee crews up to 10 people at times.
- Industry Leading Compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Employee stock options (ESOP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Company iPhone
- Company Vehicle
- 401k Plan
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Willing and able to engage in manual labor, which can be physically demanding - able to regularly lift/carry 50 lbs and, on occasion, up to 100 lbs
- High School diploma or GED required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills using English language
- Due to the Emergency Response aspect of this position, work schedules typically include "On Call" participation (24x7) with modifications in work schedule being dependent on local "On Call" status
- Willing and able to work and be available for overtime when needed
- Great attitude, trustworthy, dependable, and a pleasant personality
- Willing to receive appropriate vaccines/medical requirements
- Able to pass a background check, driving record check, and regular employee drug screenings
Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrate the ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively to customers and/or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of industry related software be able to "touch type" and be familiar with software like Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.); able to communicate via cell phone and appropriate apps.
This person should possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. They should also have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form in the English language.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
The employee is also regularly required to visit project sites that have incurred catastrophic events from water and storm damage. The employee must be able to carry a minimum of 50 pounds in weight for the purpose of getting material to a specific place on the project site. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is also frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places.
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Appropriate safety equipment is furnished.