Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
GHD has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Technician to be based from our Farmington Hills, MI office.
- Building materials sampling (asbestos materials, painted surfaces, structural components, concrete, oils/lubricants, etc.)
- Contractor oversight during Decommissioning and Demolition of manufacturing and commercial facilities including asbestos abatement oversight, PCB, mercury, and other hazardous materials remediation oversight
- Provide environmental support services during decommissioning and demolition projects such as air/dust monitoring, mercury monitoring, and health and safety oversight.
- Data compilation, analysis, and visualization
- Preparation of technical reports for submittal to clients
- Preparation and implementation of Site-specific health and safety plans
- Travel to project site across North America - Up to 20-40% overnight travel
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science, or comparable degree program
- 0‐4 years of experience
- Willingness to travel as necessary across North America – up to 40% overnight travel
- Ability to perform physical demanding work with the ability to lift 50lbs.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.