Jr. Staff Accountant
Who we are
We are an industry-leading union contractor providing a full spectrum of demolition and excavation services to private developers, general contractors, industrial and public works clients throughout the west coast. Our scope of expertise includes every conceivable type of project including building demolition, selective demolition, industrial, marine, transportation, bridge removal, remediation, complete site decommissioning, plant closure, asset recovery and recycling, excavation and site preparation. Notable past projects include the removal of the Bay Bridge, Candlestick Park, and the 6th Street Viaduct in Los Angeles. Please see our website at www.silveradocontractors.com.
What we are looking for
The Jr. Staff Accountant assists with all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization including AP/AR, job cost accounting, payroll, and cash flow management.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Jr. Staff Accountant will provide financial and payroll support services. The position works closely with other accounting personnel, internal departments, and external parties.
Perform all duties in compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Assist in processing A/P for Silverado's sister companies
- Assist with asset management process and reporting
- Post journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts as needed
- Assist in processing monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist with Union dues, Insurance, payroll tax reconciliation
- Assist Controller and Assistant Controller with the month-end and year-end closing process
- Act as back-up to other accounting staff, payroll, and certified payroll
- Additional duties as assigned
What's in it for you?
• Unmatched company culture.
• A company that invests in its employees' development.
• Competitive compensation - commensurate with experience and a rich benefits package including company-paid health, dental, and vision plans, HSA, FSA, Life Insurance, and 401k plan with employer match and profit sharing.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Recruiters, please do not contact.