General Construction Laborer
Do you have a strong vision of what the future of modular building might look like? Do you thrive on providing great customer service? Consider joining this booming industry with the talented team at Mobile Modular. Our high-quality, unique, cost-effective solutions put us at the forefront of the market, meeting even the most critical needs of today. Our solutions span applications across healthcare/medical, education, business, residential development and construction, retail and much more. As a division of McGrath RentCorp, we see the potential not just in our product but in our people, too.
"A Day in the Life"
As a General Construction Laborer you will be responsible for general maintenance, general construction, remodeling work and preparation of buildings for delivery to customer sites.
"What You'll Do"
- Perform general construction labor, including yard and/or job site clean-up.
- Cleaning, painting, drywall, carpentry, tile and flooring work, demolition work, minor plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Handle various construction materials, both by hand and other means.
- Operate all equipment safely including hand & power tools.
- Organize materials, inventory, and keep yard & shop clean.
- Perform functions according to company safety guidelines
- Work with driver and set-up crew in setting up, tearing down mobile offices and containers on yard and on site.
- Load and unload materials, machinery, and tools
- Clean and prepare sites, work areas, etc. to eliminate possible hazards
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job: stand, sit, squat, kneel, etc. for extended periods of time. Lift/move up to 75 pounds, etc.
- Work Independently and Unsupervised. Be dependable – self-starter.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Commitment to safety rules and wear proper PPE
- Familiarity with hand, power, tools, and machinery is a plus
- General construction & trades experience is a plus
- Employee may be required to work overtime.
- Travel/Lodging – Occasional travel and overnight stay may be required
- Workplace Flexibility! This program gives you flexibility to balance work and personal life while empowering you to perform with excellence each and every day.
- 401K plan with Company match!
- We all need to rest and recharge that’s why in addition to vacation and sick time we also offer considerable company-paid holidays!
- We also offer HSA, FSA, EAP and Pet Insurance!
- It’s a great place to work where you are given the space to share ideas and opinions and the bottom-line is “YOU” matter!
Based out of our Williston, ND location.
Level will be determined based on applicable experience.
The pre-employment screening process includes social security verification, criminal background check, drug test and a motor vehicle record will be processed as well. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, on the basis of disability and any other legally protected status.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .