Yukon Management, LLC has an immediate opening for a Demolition Superintendent. This position is responsible for coordinating and supervising construction work for a demolition and abatement contract in the U.S. by managing the personnel and daily site activities by ensuring the project is constructed in accordance with safety, design, budget, and schedule.
Location: Anchorage, AK and other areas in the U.S. Company will pay for travel and lodging.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Primary Duties include:
- Communicates daily
- Communicates daily with the General Manager regarding job specific needs including workforce and equipment requirements
- Ensures daily contact with job site crews to ensure project time schedule and workforce needs are being met
- Directs project activities
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications
- Schedules subcontractors, consultants, and vendors to ensure timely completion
- Monitors subcontractor work to ensure work is complete per subcontractor agreement
- Identifies conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution
- Ensures that the jobsite is always kept in a clean and organized manner
- Maintains job progress and completion punch list identification and completion
- Determine material, equipment, and supplies to be used
- Participates in pre-construction meetings to discuss project start up and project planning
- Manages personnel
- Supervises on-site personnel and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation
- Maintain timecards and other routine records
- Manages field personnel in fair and equitable manner in accordance with policies, procedures, as well as compliance with local and federal laws
- Ensures safety
- Ensure safety regulations are being observed and all methods are adequate, up to date, adhered to, and effective
- Conduct daily project/safety meetings as required
- Conducts daily Job Hazard Awareness meetings, daily stretching, and weekly Toolbox topics
- Acts as the leader at the project site for this function of safety
- Provides timely and accurate documentation for reporting safety issues, equipment damage and workplace injuries
- Assures quality of program services and deliverables
- Performs quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Administers various project documents
- Assists in obtaining permits or approval of revisions
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the jobsite
- Completes daily record keeping including daily logs, equipment schedules, material schedules, and timecards
- Operates equipment as needed
- Operate vehicles including construction equipment and machinery
- Other duties as assigned
- Five (5) to ten (10) years' experience as a Superintendent overseeing Heavy Industrial Demolition projects
- Demolition and asbestos experience required
- OSHA 10 and 30-Hour, HAZWOPER certificate, Excavating Safety Training, Blueprint Training.
- CPR & First Aid preferred but not required
- Possession of a valid driver's license; must qualify for company insurance coverage based on driving record
- Ability to pass a background and drug screening
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office 365, Skype for Business, and a web collaboration tool such as SharePoint
- SCA/DBA/Union/Government contracting experience preferred
- Experience in Alaska Native Corporations preferred but not required
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed on-site and interfaces with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. This position requires 80-100% domestic travel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is both sedentary physical, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 75 pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Gana-A'Yoo's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
"Gana-A'Yoo" in Athabascan means "friends," or "friends together." Our team members are always willing to step up and help. Our company logo features clasped arm/hand as a symbol of agreement and support for each other as Gana-A'Yoo. This symbol of friends united or in agreement is reflected in our company culture, which encourages our team members to maintain our relationships with our clients as one of cooperation and diligence. We work as part of the team. We also strive to invoke a focus on customer service that encompasses every aspect of our performance.
At Yukon Management, LLC, we believe in approaching each project as a member of the team. We don't just want satisfied customers-we want to build a partnership of trust built on a shared commitment to excellence.
Yukon Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a Gana-A'Yoo Shareholder hiring preference (PL-638). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity, marital or family status, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.