We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:
Remove, teardown, and strip the insides of structures removing anything of value. Support activities at all Swinerton job-sites as directed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Remove and teardown structures
- Strip the insides of structures removing anything of value
- Use of wrecking bars, sledgehammers, torch cutting, electrical and air power tools, axes, and shovels as well as operate heavy equipment
- Ensure demolition is safe and all electrical power is terminated
- Ensure fire alarm systems are offline or protected
- Ensure fire sprinkler systems are offline or steps have been taken to protect them
- Identify hazardous materials such as asbestos, lead paint, FM200 systems and others
- Ensure low voltage and communications are terminated
- Identify all live utilities that are to remain operational during demolition
- Properly support all structural items to remain in place
- Protect all components to remain
- Recycle all materials as prescribed in the contract documents or required by local jurisdiction
- Clean up work area as demolition occurs
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience operating heavy equipment and demolition work
- Lift and/or pull 75lbs., climb ladders, work off ladders, man lifts or other equipment
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time, fully squat, bend or kneel while wearing a tool belt
- Capable of working in a variety of weather conditions
- Uphold Swinerton Core Values of Integrity, Leadership, Passion and Excellence at all times
- Adhere to all OSHA and Swinerton safety practices and procedures
- Support activities at all Swinerton job-sites as directed
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS:
This role provides the following benefits:medical, dental, vision, employee assistance program; basic term life and AD&D insurance,short term disability, 401(k) & savings plan; paid vacation, sick time; MSA Financialcoaching; Care.com; ClassPass fitnessmembership; DoorDash deliverysubscription; along with numerous other voluntary benefit options. * Union Members: health and retirement benefits are provided thru the union; therefore voluntary benefit offerings are available for this role.
Compensation is based on geographical market data and an individual's overall job-related experience, knowledge, skills, education as applicable to the role and performance.
Base [salary/pay] range for this role are listed below:
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Hourly Rate: $16.00 - $28.00