Demolition Estimator | Houston, TX Area
Are you ready to start a new career with a LEADER in the industry and WORLD CLASS team!
What we offer:
* Competitive annual salary with performance bonus
* PTO Available as of DAY ONE
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Employee Pension plan (free to all employees)
* Full Medical, Health & Wellness Benefits start on FIRST DAY
* Take Home Company Vehicle
This position is located in Kingwood, TX office and supports the Houston, and surrounding, area.
Responsible for accurately preparing, estimating, and reviewing bids for demolition work with an emphasis in roadway, highway and bridge projects along with other market segments including residential and commercial projects. Managing all aspects of demolition contracts including contract administration, subcontractor coordination/payment, job cost tracking, collections and project close out. Develop a strong customer base through customer relations and negotiating skills.
This role is also responsible for supporting successful project management as measured by: 1) zero safety incidents, 2) profitability 3) contractual commitments, 4) project documentation 5) project conformance and 6) project communication.
* Researching, identifying and executing on new jobs to bid, determining bonding licensing and permitting requirements and identifying risks and opportunities specific to each potential new job.
* Creating and delivering project estimates that include labor, equipment, materials and subcontractor pricing.
* Perform accurate full project take-offs and determine applicable project scopes
* Reviewing contract documents to ensure all inclusions, exclusions, pricing, and any special requirements are being met prior to execution.
* Producing and submitting pre-construction materials ensuring accuracy and completion of all necessary items to start work on a project once the contract has been executed.
* Soliciting proposals from necessary subcontractors and assisting in managing them through all phases of the project.
* Procuring and managing subcontractors and materials.
* Communicating effectively with all internal and external stakeholders; including, but not limited to fellow employees, operations, subcontractors, customers, and onsite personnel.
* Invoicing customers for work completed in a pay period, managing margins on projects, approving subcontractor pay applications, submitting cost to completes on projects each month, and managing all change order work.
* Following project start-up and close-out procedures ensuring all regulatory requirements are met, documents are submitted and the project meets all applicable standards.
* Overseeing accuracy of all daily tracking requirements, which include complete and accurate reporting using Build2Win, E-Rocks, JD Edwards and excel spreadsheets as well as cost accounting, review, and forecasting including billing, A/R and A/P functions.
* Management of backlog and bid activity reporting to team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Very strong verbal and written communication skills and comfort interacting with a variety of internal and external customers.
* Strong computer skills including standard Microsoft Office applications, budgeting software and scheduling software.
* Ability to motivate and foster relationships to enhance a cooperative team environment.
* Ability to develop professional relationships with customer representatives and officials from local agencies.
* Ability to resolve conflicts and job-related disputes in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
* Ability to managing time, tasks and resources on multiple operations effectively and efficiently.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekend hours.
* Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
Preferred Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field or equivalent experience required
* Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience with a priority on DOT projects
* Project management and field supervisory experience
* Thorough understanding of flatwork concrete demolition, concrete/asphalt paving, sub-grade and related subcontractor operations required