Demolition & Environmental Remediation Project Engineer (Senior Level)
ERM is seeking a mid-level Demolition & Environmental Remediation Project Engineer to join our top-ranked global environmental consulting firm in Los Angeles, CA. As part of a growing and diverse team, you will work on complex site, remediation and environmental construction projects at a variety of oil & gas, industrial manufacturing, and power plant sites across North America. In this role, you will be part of the project delivery team focused on sites with emphasis on demolition, decontamination and decommissioning (DDD).
You will prepare remediation/construction/demolition/decommissioning bid packages and engineering cost estimates. You will provide oversight of contractors, subcontractors, and construction inspectors, direct the progress of work, and be responsible for safe implementation of field work.
This is an excellent opportunity for an environmental/construction professional looking to contribute technically to challenging contaminated site management projects as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
- Plan and execute remediation and DDD construction projects, including design and constructability reviews, preparation of opinions of probable cost, pre-construction conferences, supervision and direct field staff management, client and progress meetings, subcontractor management, work progress and schedule management, on-site coordination, health and safety audits, and problem exposure, risk reduction and resolution meetings.
- Review contractor submittals, including but not limited to, Requests for Information, contract clarifications, contract-required submittals, change order requests, and other documents related to compliance with project specifications.
- Provide construction management, construction quality assurance, site development/restoration, earthwork operations, remedial systems, land disposal facilities, and related environmental projects.
- Serve as or coordinate with a Field Safety Officer on assigned building characterization, remediation, and decommissioning/decontamination/demolition, and other environmental construction projects
- Develop and implement site-specific Health & Safety Plans, including monitoring conformance with safety and emergency procedures, conducting daily safety briefings with the project field team, oversight of Contractor safety issues, and maintaining site safety records.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues arising from the inspection process or from contract administration.
- Plan and schedule on-site full- and part-time staff, evaluate subcontractor performance and schedules, and negotiate and resolve change order requests.
- Provide liaison between field activities and in-house Project Manager, assume prime responsibility in assuring completion of projects in the field in conformance with project plans and specifications, and assure that clarifications and interpretations required for proper execution of the contract are implemented.
- Interface with in-house Project Managers to identify and track upcoming construction management requirements, meet with clients to identify upcoming work, and assist in business development activities, including preparation of proposals, interviews, and project contracting.
- Substantial experience as a construction supervisor or BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree (2 years' experience equals 1year education).
- 8 to 15 years of experience in environmental engineering and construction management consulting.
- Experience with construction sites (DDD preferred) and management of the preparation of work plans, field efforts and report writing.
- Experience implementing strict Health and Safety protocols. OSHA 30hour construction safety and OSHA 40-hour training required or to be provided after hire.
- Ability to estimate, process and track project costs, transmittals, submittals and invoices. Working knowledge of cost estimating tools.
- Ability to provide excellent project delivery and client service, quality on project deliverables; excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in contracting and field oversight of remedial/construction/support trade subcontractors.
- Ability to organize and coordinate field personnel, subcontractors and vendors.
- Some travel may be required.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Pay Transparency (CA, CO, WA, NY, NJ):
For the Demolition & Environmental Remediation Project Engineer position we anticipate the annual base pay of $81,649 - $103,710. An employee's pay position within this range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We also may have instances where employee's fall outside of the range based on the factors noted above. This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through www.erm.com/careers/apply/ or through the internal careers portal if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.