Accountant – Construction – Downtown Chicago – 0-4 YEARS
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This Chicagoland general contractor is looking for an experienced construction Accountant who can help with day to day accounting operations, including payroll, spreadsheets, documentation, and more. This person would need prior accounting experience to be considered. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH PIVOT TABLES AND FORMULAS
General contractor that has been around for over 10 years, growing every single year, with 2020 being their best year yet. They are new to the Chicagoland market but already have a strong pipeline of work ahead and need someone to keep track of the financials. They specialize in general construction, roofing, demolition, and abatement. They are a boutique firm that prides themselves on quality product, and in turn they look for quality people.
- Flexible work/life balance
- Located right downtown
- Construct Payment Applications
- Interact directly with project managers, estimators, and other staff
- Handles bi-monthly timesheet processing
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Collects and reviews project subcontractor/supplier lien waivers.
- Collects, reviews, and processes subcontractor/supplier monthly project invoices. Needs to ensure all invoices have been accrued properly and timely to the correct cost reports and phase codes.
- Ensures proper payments to all subcontractors and major suppliers.
- Individual ensures timely submittal of project P&Ls and reviews the P&Ls for accuracy.
- Provides monthly assistance to Project Management staff in the preparation of monthly billings to project owners.
- Collects, reviews and submits monthly owner billings for processing.
- Monitors cash flow and communicate with the project staffs on tracking A/R and when the projects are paid.
- Assist and take charge of construction progress billings for material and installation jobs from beginning to end, including issuing lien waivers, communicating with installers, project managers, and customers.
- Assist with ongoing change orders for jobs and updating Excel spreadsheets as the accounting record for auditing purposes.
- Backup for the A/P coordinator processing Accounts Payable invoices
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations for prepaid and accrual accounts
- 0-5 years of experience in accounting
- Experience at a general contractor preferred
- Pivot tables and excel formulas experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knows how to properly and efficiently process billings, subcontractor payable, waivers and AIA documents
- Has general ledger experience
- Is organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Has the ability to work independently and has strong multi-tasking skills
- is proficient in Excel, Word, construction specific accounting software, and Viewpoint
- Works well in team environment
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Growth potential
- Flexible working environment
- Standard holidays
- Standard PTO