Great opportunity with a well-respected Construction Services company located throughout the United States. This company is looking to hire a Traveling Superintendent immediately. For more details, please contact Renee Zgunda as soon as possible at 312-601-2579.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Requires 5+ years of related experience, including previous technician and/or foreman experience.
- Construction experience, specifically around epoxy applications, composites, concrete repair, and demolition, finishing or pouring preferred.
- Valid driver's license required with clean DMV record. A CDL, Class B is a plus.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for extended periods of time required
- Extensive domestic travel required (80 %+).
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. or equivalent with no assistance required.
- Ability to quickly learn functional and technical standards, processes and procedures through classroom setting and on-the-job training.
- Ability to use functional and technical knowledge and skills to lead crew in the completion of tasks at a high-level of accomplishment.
- Familiarity with use of full body harness and full-face respirator a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a member or team leader of a highly diverse and high functioning team.
- Ability to quickly form diverse crew members into a motivated and cohesive team while maintaining a fast paced, goals and results-oriented environment.
- Ability to adhere to high professional standards
- Ability to understand implications of actions and subsequent impact on work and team members and act accordingly; accept responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Ability to fairly and consistently manage crew members to company established policies, procedures and processes.
- Ability to run 2 or more projects at once.
- Ability to communicate with inspector/ on site engineer in a highly competent and professional manner.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft office software is required. Strong computer skills a plus
- Safely schedule, coordinate and advise the activities of assigned Foreman(s) and crew members.
- Effectively manage and maintain the safe operation of equipment for the successful completion of each project.
- Provide leadership and supervision at the project site(s) and enforce policies, safety regulations, and working rules.
- Continually inspect work performed by crew(s) for quality and specification compliance following quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or lead the Foreman(s) and crew members, in discovering resolution.
- In conjunction with the Foreman(s), prepare and submit for review; safety, production, time and other reports, as required.
- Inspect work areas and conduct pre-bid job walks to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used.
- Coordinate production schedules with the Project Manager and report and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager regarding tools and materials needed to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with customers, owners, and owner's representatives in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to understand project blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to coordinate all project-related equipment vendors, clients and inspectors.
- Ability to accurately articulate technical details regarding product and project specifications.
- Ability to identify change in conditions and potential change order requests.
- Facilitate internal project meetings with the Project Manager, Foreman(s) and appropriate third parties to make necessary changes and finalize the work schedule.
- Follows company policies as applied to employees and enforce safety regulations, standard operating procedures and quality standards.
- Conduct daily safety/toolbox meetings (STA's).
- Interpret project requirements and instruct Foremen on how to fulfill the project orders.
- Promptly resolve any customer complaints.
- Recommend and implement measures to improved production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist Foremen in solving work problems.
- Input on making crew hiring/termination decisions.
- Supervise subcontractors on work, quality, and safety policies.
- Help the Foreman(s) and the field crews meet or exceed as-bid gross margin on jobs.
- Meet or exceed all requirements as per the contract.
- Comply with all work instructions for applications.
- Build bench strength on crews to cross-train and provide for succession planning
Hourly rates will vary depending on relevant experience. This position offers full benefits and the opportunity to gain experience working on very high profile projects that will help propel career growth! If you are an active or passive job seeker, this is an opportunity you at least want to hear about!
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.