TAS Commercial Concrete Construction is a leader in the concrete construction industry providing customer satisfaction, quality, production, safety, and integrity since 1980. Our concrete services include light commercial, structural, industrial, tilt wall, turnkey, pour and finish, and pumping in the Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin areas. Our rich history and accomplished portfolio has consistently ranked TAS among ENR Top Concrete Contractors since 1995. TAS is an operating subsidiary of Orion Group Holdings, Inc. (www.oriongroupholdingsinc.com).
At TAS, we provide peace of mind as much as we do concrete services. It's what the company's reputation is built on and how our clients benefit from working with us. Clients who know us best are assured we have the resources and commitment to handle every aspect of the job with their interests in mind. That's why they choose to work with us time and again.
For additional information, go to: www.tasconcrete.com.
About the job:
TAS Commercial Concrete Construction has an immediate opening for a Project Manager , in Dallas, Texas. This position is responsible for one job and has primary responsibility and accountability for the financial, schedule, quality and safety objectives for the project under their supervision. Primary responsibilities include contract administration, scheduling, planning, cost control and coordination with jobsite supervision to ensure that projects are constructed safely in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Coordinates with Superintendent regarding schedule, labor, equipment, subcontractors, material suppliers and construction means and methods to achieve efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Project Manager is also responsible for building effective relationships and problem-solving with the project team members, owners, subcontractors, and vendors. This position is usually field based. Successful candidates must display exceptional written and oral communication skills. Additionally, qualified candidates will need high level of analytical ability for project efficiency.
- Insures that the project is performed safely while meeting the budget, schedule, quality standards and design specifications.
- Insures that materials are ordered and quantities maintained in a timely manner.
- Completes project billings in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with Project superintendent managing labor, equipment, subcontractors, and material suppliers.
- Manages pre-job planning and is responsible to organize pre-job turnover & planning meetings.
- Creates and maintains project schedule; plans, monitors and reviews critical path dates and milestone schedules.
- Acts as an interface between the company and the owner.
- Establishes project budgets and sets up the cost code system based on company policy
- Maintains Quality Control on assigned project
- Manages the activities of subs and suppliers
- Assists with claims and change orders.
- Prepares Subcontracts and Purchase Orders with appropriate support and oversight.
- Ensures that foremen and superintendents understand all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Is responsible for all written submittals, project reviews and problem resolution with the owners, subcontractors & suppliers.
- Maintains a positive professional working relationship with owners, subcontractors, and vendors
- Proactively identifies cost and schedule related issues to the Superintendent and Vice President.
- Verifies and processes invoices from vendors.
- Provides job progress reports.
- Performs job close-out and furnishes final cost and labor productions to estimating department.
- Provides assistance to the estimating department as needed
- Manages and trains Project Engineers assigned to the project.