Additional Job Information
City, State: Amsterdam,NY
Location: St Mary's Hospital
Department: Maintenance 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day, 80 hours, Bi-Weekly
E-Verify StatementSt. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Equal Employment OpportunitySt. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
How To ApplyIn order to be considered for any open position, please complete a St. Mary's Healthcare online application, by clicking the "apply now" button. Additionally, you may include your resume and other documents as attachments. Applications/Resumes may only be submitted online through this process.
In addition, you may apply anytime online using any computer OR via one of our computer terminals at the following locations: (1) Human Resources located at St. Mary's Hospital, 427 Guy Park Ave, Amsterdam, NY 12010
(2) Human Resources located at Amsterdam Memorial Campus, 4988 State Hwy 30, Amsterdam, NY 12010. We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every application received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly. For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Applies paints, stains, and other surface treatments to structural surfaces and property.
- Applies protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer and related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, equipment and other property.
- Prepares surfaces by washing, scraping, sanding, torching and/or smoothing prior to applying finishing materials.
- Maintains existing paint surfaces by matching/tinting appropriate paint products.
- Maintains equipment and work areas in a clean and safe condition. Properly stores, cleans and disposes of all supplies and equipment used according to departmental policies and procedures.
- May be involved in renovations to include demolition, remodeling and/or new installation
- Required Credential(s):
- Valid New York State Driver's License required prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Marketing StatementFounded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1903, and as a member of Ascension Health since 2002, St. Mary's Healthcare is more than an award-winning hospital; it is a continuum of health care services offering a comprehensive network of high quality, local, compassionate care. Services include, but are not limited to,120 acute care beds,10 primary and specialty care centers in Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a 10 bed Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, a 10 bed Transitional Care Unit, and a 160-bed nursing home. St. Mary's received 5-star ratings from HealthGrades for four consecutive years and in 2011 became the first hospital in New York State to achieve the "Pathway to Excellence" Designation. Our 1600 associates embrace the mission of providing every individual with an exceptional patient experience. In every role and in every facility, we embrace a Model Community of mission-focused, spiritually grounded associates, who will flourish and be inspired to reach their full potential. Our work environment is inclusive, supportive and caring--about the people who work with us as well as the patients we work to serve. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent, flexible benefits package. We are fortunate to attract people who believe in our mission and who are dedicated to the service of our patients and their families.