Seeking qualified candidates with a strong background in electrical / mechanical engineering. This position requires proficiency in both. For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Travel requirements for this position will vary based on current project locations.
- Candidates that are willing to travel to all NC sites (Wilmington, Concord, Winston-Salem, and Hickory) will be given first preference.
- International travel will likely be required to support future project needs.
- Travel to China to assist in current projects is likely to happen in 2017 on a business visa.
- Longer term travel to China may be required later this year or next year.
- Preference will be given to candidates willing to travel internationally.
- Monday to Friday 8am-5pm, OT is likely with this position. (Hours will vary with no guarantee of OT, but 10-25hrs per week is not uncommon and expected at times)
General Description PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Supervise and provide direction to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades during all aspects of equipment installation and conversion such as demolition, construction, installation, testing, and debug of production equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting, process start-up, design, and documentation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems for new or modified production equipment.
- Create and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
- Provide direction to technicians to create and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
- Provide electrical and mechanical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Corning Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD Electrical 2014)
Required Skills/Experience MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop mechanical and electrical installation checklists and schedules. Oversee, as appropriate, the usage of these systems.
- Procure and expedite materials for new or modified equipment.
- Specify or recommend vendors, and maintain close liaison between vendor and plant.
- Re-design electrical systems to reduce installation cost, solve equipment interferences, and correct inadequate designs.
- Prepare work orders and direct maintenance personnel and outside contract trades in the fabrication, assembly, testing, and installation of equipment.
- Create, review, and update installation documentation and drawings as required.
- Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
- Interface with all departments, as necessary, to ensure efficient use and operation of equipment.
- Redline existing drawings and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen as required to resolve design issues.
- Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineering techs, and trades as necessary to replace defective components and execute changes in design solve equipment/process issues.
- Provide troubleshooting support in assigned areas.
- Take personal responsibility for all aspects of supervising equipment installation crews including direction and shift supervision as needed for Electricians and Mechanics during installation activities.
- Provide training to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades on new equipment installation procedures as required for successful execution of installation activities.
- Analyze and correct equipment installation practices to improve efficiencies, specifically directed toward enhancing installation schedules.
- Develop cost reduction plans for the improvement of installation projects.
- Provide sketches or marked-up drawings as dictated by project and evolutionary equipment needs.
- Complete documentation packages to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure updated documentation exists in assigned areas.
- BS Electrical Engineering Technology, BS Electrical Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering Technology (AAS Electrical Engineering Technology: Exceptional Case)
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience
Equipment or software experience preferred:
- AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD Electrical 2014, Windows7, MS Office suite including Power Point, Excel, Word PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Automated equipment systems experience
- Personal Computers
- Fluke Meters, Oscilloscopes, and other electronic test equipment.
- Equipment used for machine installation activities: conduit cutting/threading/bending, man lifts, label makers, hand tools, etc.
- Electronic calibration equipment
- Precision flow calibration
- Programmable Controllers
Personnel Directed By This Position:
- Supervise and provide direction to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades during scheduled shifts.
Desired/Required Soft Skills Skill or work style preferred:
- Ability to work well with varied job requirements.
- Ability to work well with people essential.
- Presentation skills highly desirable.
- Well organized.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Results oriented.
Special requirements (Personal Protective Equipment, Certifications, etc) Unique or special requirements:
- Strong practical hands-on electrical and mechanical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment)
- Electro-mechanical troubleshooting ability, proficient with electrical schematics
- Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives.
- Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
- Thorough understanding of current loops.
- Serial communication knowledge: RS232 / 485, Ethernet, IEEE-488
- Machine control knowledge and understands classical control theory
- Mechanical aptitude
- Fanuc Robot Programming
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.