This position is under the direction of the Plant Maintenance Manager and is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment to achieve the site’s business goals and objectives. This includes safe and proper troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance activities.
- Complete all assigned work in accordance with work order and job plan in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Utilize CMMS system to look up parts, review equipment history, high use parts, costs etc.
- Utilize various mechanical test equipment (e.g. calipers, etc.).
- Understand or use predictive maintenance technology (e.g. ultrasound, thermography, etc.).
- Utilize mechanical trade skills to complete daily tasks.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Perform equipment set up, tear down, and change overs.
- Perform equipment repairs.
- Perform equipment rebuilds.
- Perform equipment installation and demolition.
- Conduct root cause analyses to eliminate sources of failure in equipment.
- Lubricate equipment per work order instructions and frequency.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Work to establish and maintain equipment at basic conditions through application of CI processes and tools.
- Work and communicates with others to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Perform basic welding.
- Drive a Fork Truck and/or High Lift.
- High School Education or GED
- Industrial Technical courses in Industrial Technology
- 3-5 years work experience in the food manufacturing industry, industrial electrical and mechanical repairs and technical support for industrial equipment and ancillary equipment
- Strong team player - good communication (written and verbal), with the ability to train others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism, problem solving, attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong dedication for success, taking pride in workmanship
- Working effectively in a team environment, positive attitude
- Participation in employee training as it relates to GMP’s, Health and Safety, periodic technical training as it relates to internal development, active participation of Line Improvement and Optimization activities ensuring high performance of Production
- Computer proficiency, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc.
- Knowledge of food safety, HACCP, GMP and other quality programs
- Ability to work in a warm or cold environment and around product dust
- Ability to work independently with high quality and productivity
- Willing to work flexible hours and frequent overtime including weekends
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, blueprints, diagrams, schematics, equipment instructions, requirements and business correspondences.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.