Job ID 2017-1208
# of Openings2
Job Locations US - CA - Sun Valley
Overview & Essential Job Functions
Operate a variety of heavy equipment vehicles that spread, organize and feed the facility's conveyor system and transfer trailers. Material includes a combination of recyclables, commercial and residential waste as well as construction and demolition materials.
Essential Job Functions:
- Efficiently and safety operate wheel loaders to load transfer trailers and feed conveyors. Operate wheel loaders in a manner that does not endanger personnel or equipment, and that is in compliance with the company's operating and safety policies.
- Keep tipping floor material safely arranged to allow easy loading of trailers and conveyor system, as well as creating space for newly arrived material.
- Ensure proper care and use of equipment.
- Perform pre/post operation inspections and preventive maintenance checks. Maintains accurate records.
- Ensure proper attire is worn at all times, including closed-toed shoes, and personal protective equipment (safety vests, safety goggles, gloves, dust masks).
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- High School Diploma and/or GED.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job -- prolonged sitting, constant climbing up/down the loader and able to turn neck and shoulder back and forth.
- Ability to distinguish between various recyclable materials.
- Must have good hand-eye coordination.
- Safety conscious.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Valid driver's license.
- 4+ years of previous experience.
- Standing, walking, sitting, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, handling, & wrist motion continuously.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals, wet/hot conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works outside & inside.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment