Health and Safety Specialist – San Francisco, CA 94501
System One has a long term contract opportunity for a Health and Safety Specialist to support our client’s Environmental Remediation project in the San Francisco Bay area.
Important employment information
- Long term contract / hourly pay rate
- Qualified candidates local to San Francisco preferred
- Drug screen and background check required
The Health and Safety Specialist will have the following education / experience:
- 4 year degree
- 5 to 7 years in building demolition, large excavation projects, or remodeling of building or other construction.
- Preferred: ASP and hazardous waste management experience (asbestos, PCB’s, RCRA)
Safety duties will include making worksite assessments to determine risks, potential hazards and controls, evaluating risks and hazard control measures, investigating incidents, maintaining and evaluating incident and loss records, and preparing emergency response plans. Other duties could include; hazard recognition, fire protection, regulatory compliance, health hazard control, ergonomics, hazardous materials management, environmental protection, training, accident and incident, investigations, advising management, record keeping, emergency response, managing safety programs, product safety and/or security.
The Health and Safety Specialist will demonstrate: Good Communication skills verbally and in writing (Word, Power Point, Email, etc), Report generation and review (Word, Power Point), AHA development and implementation (Word), Ability to access Data base and data for reporting (Excel, Access), Ability to interface with client and regulators.