We are seeking a Technician III to join our expanding team at our state-of-the-art Acoustical Testing Lab located in Lake Forest, California. This is an entry-level position that involves the acoustical testing of windows, skylights, doors, wall partitions and a variety of other acoustical materials and products. This is a hands-on position that provides on-the-job training and an excellent opportunity for growth and stability.
• Building product installation of windows and doors to be tested against standards
• Construction and demolition of walls and floor/ceiling assemblies
• Clean-up, organization, tool, and supply maintenance
• Assist with setting up and running tests in accordance with the appropriate test methods (AAMA, ASTM, ANSI, ISO)
• Must be able to operate power tools and equipment necessary to complete job duties
• Strong technical ability and a mechanical aptitude
• Able to follow directions and work with minimal supervision
• Good communication skills – both written and oral
• Good computer skills using Word and Excel
• Good customer service skills
• Must be able to routinely lift at least 50 pounds Must be willing and able to travel overnight as business requires (up to 25% travel)
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
• Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record to drive company vehicles
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.