SGI offers Relocation Assistance.
Pay Rate: $31.59
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, 401k, Education Reimbursement, Health Club Reimbursement, and more.
Specialty Granules LLC (SGI), a leading supplier of granule products to the asphalt shingle industry in the United States, has an immediate opening for an Electrician in the Ione, CA facility.
The Electrician works within the Maintenance Department, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor; also working closely with the Production Supervisors and Operations personnel to minimize factory downtime.
Job duties include but are not limited to troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding, installation, and demolition of the plant’s electrical equipment and machinery, including motors, panels, generating equipment, lighting circuits, communication systems, etc. Candidates must have knowledge of AC/DC motor controls, PLC’s pneumatics, hydraulics and technical experience working with blue prints and schematics. CA State General Electrician Certification is preferred, but not required. May be required to perform other miscellaneous assignments as directed.
The Electrician will be required to work various shifts and weekends as assigned. A minimum of 3-5 years experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is preferred. SGI offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth potential in a professional environment where safety comes first.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the facility in an electrically safe condition.
- Respond to process upsets with a sense of urgency.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the field of electrical theory, motor control, and automation.
- Required Qualifications:
- Experience with single and 3 phase AC motor controls in an industrial environment, including MCCs, soft starters and VFDs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NFPA70 and 70E, as pertaining to heavy industry, with experience in Arc Flash protection boundaries and PPE.
- Proficiency in control switches, such as position, level, pressure and flow; understanding failsafe wiring methods and ability to provide application recommendations for controls.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley controllers, I/O modules and programming software.
- Background in instrumentation, including pressure, level, flow and temperature sensors.
- Knowledge of plant communication networks, analog/digital signal circuits, and/or industrial electronics.
Comply with regulatory governing bodies with regard to electrical installations, mining safety, and occupational health; and with Company safe practices and established procedures.