The PDS EHS Manager directs the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the JLL EHS safety and management systems at Client facilities. In this capacity, the PDS EHS Manager is accountable to provide guidance, identify the resources and equipment necessary to implement General Industry and Construction Safety management systems and compliance programs related to JLL PDS scope of work at the Client locations. The PDS EHS manager will advise the JLL management team on EHS General Industry and Construction Safety issues, assist with the evaluation of potential hazardous situations and environmental impacts, participate in accident investigations, and ensure JLL is compliant with all construction EHS regulatory and Client requirements.
- Provide leadership and support the development and implementation of EHS management systems and compliance programs at PDS projects at the Client sites.
- Team with JLL Site Team and the account EHS Director to establish PDS EHS performance goals and reviews performance against those goals.
- Ensure the tracking and reporting of EHS metrics and measure performance against key performance indicators. Establish necessary plans to meet or exceed key performance indicators.
- Develop and implement EHS qualification program to manage JLL Construction Management firms working at Client locations and under the JLL scope of work.
- Evaluate hazards with respect to JLL scope on client sites for safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Identify training requirements and coordinates training sessions for EHS regulatory and Client training requirements.
- Ensure required records are available according regulatory, client and JLL requirements.
- Ensure EHS policies and procedures are developed, updated, implemented, and followed.
- Assist the JLL Site Team in the accident investigation and communication process including the identification of root causes for near misses / incidents. Implement training and tools necessary to ensures that reports on EHS incidents and performance are submitted on a timely basis, and that corrective actions are taken.
- Managing the contractor management program related to construction, project, and demolition contractors.
- Communicating/confirming expectations to the contractor representative prior to the start of work.
- Drive the implementation of programs and initiatives necessary to foster a strong EHS culture.
- Internal: JLL Site Facility Management, JLL account EHS Manager, JLL Site Team, Account Manager, Operations managers, Chief Engineers, WPS Managers, Technicians, JLL Risk Management
- Client: Client EHS Team and Facilities Management at the Site
- External: JLL Service Partners
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science, or related subject desirable. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Master's degree or a professional designation like OHST, ASP, or CSP, desirable.
- A minimum of five years of experience working with EHS compliance and management systems preferably within construction and demolition operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Broad based knowledge of Construction and General Industry Safety regulations.
- Success working with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
- Basic computer skills with both word processing and database applications.
- Ability to drive and inspect both outdoor and indoor areas to observe compliance with established programs.
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time.
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now" * A "best company to work for" in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.