Underground Utility Foreman
Job ID: 263859
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position requiring
• 5-10 years experience with underground utility experience with at least three years as a crew leader
• Ability to oversee up to a five man crew
• Valid driver license. CDL is a plus
• Organizational skills
• Ability to operate multiple pieces of heavy equipment
• Ability to read and understand plans & specifications
• Understanding of grade, slope, elevations and operation of various grade equipment (lasers, etc,)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Organize daily work on the assigned project and direct crew employees
• Be responsible for materials delivered to the project
• Keep time cards for employees and prepare daily reports
• Care of equipment and vehicle
• Some heavy lifting will be required
• Adherence, education & enforcement of company policy including safety
• Monitor job cost
• Perform other essential duties as assigned by supervisor
Ability to manage up to a five man crew installing underground utilities while adhering to company policy regarding equipment & safety
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate elevation and slope from construction stakes. Ability to calculate quantities of materials used on the job site.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, written or oral instructions
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Trenching/shoring competent person certification and OSHA 30 hour certification is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
To perform the job successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Other Skills and Abilities
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.