Technical Specialist (Project Resource Recovery Specialist)
An American Fortune 100 energy company is actively seeking to add a Project Resource Recovery Specialist to their South Plainfield team. This is a very lucrative year long contract and moving fast. If this position is of any interest to you, please reach out ASAP!
- The Project Resource Recovery Specialist (hereafter referred to as “RRS”) is aligned to the Environmental Affairs organization, working specifically in support of capital construction or demolition projects, under the direction of a Senior Environmental Specialist/Resource Recovery Specialists/Environmental Compliance Coordinator, (hereafter referred to as “Project Coordinator”)
- The RRS is primarily tasked with on a daily and regional basis, for several projects concurrently, overseeing scheduled environmental field support services by contractors, including field logistics and support to the Project Coordinator in:
- The scheduling and removal of project solid waste and residual recovery pickups (including trash, and source separated materials, soils, construction and demolition debris)
- Spill prevention and control for the draining scrap oil containing electrical equipment including transformers, phase angle regulators, and circuit breakers
- Spill response, which could include off hours engagement with spill response contractors to respond to and clean up spills of hazardous materials
- The handling and removal scrap electrical equipment, including transformers, phase angle regulators, and circuit breakers removal from project work sites after disassembly
- Contractor laboratory professionals in soil and waste material sampling for characterization
- Feedback on vendor performance
- The vendor invoice approval process by validating services performed (vendor T&M sheets); and Field documentation (T&Ms, field notes, manifests, BOLs, etc.) management and immediate turnover to the Project Coordinators.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemistry, environmental science, construction management or 3 years of field experience in any of the above including waste operations
- OSHA 24 Hour Training and 8 Hour Refresher training
- Annual USDOT and Hazardous Waste Training
- Environmental experience as it pertains to waste management, disposal and construction oversight;
- Strong understanding of state and federal regulations governing waste management, disposal, and recycling;
- Awareness of PCB, hazardous waste and hazardous materials handling requirements and regulations; and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, customer and safety focus, planning, organization and teamwork.
- Working experience in Microsoft Word and Ex