Sr. Construction Project Manager
GHD has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Construction Project Manager tobe based from one of our Texas offices
The Senior Construction Project Manager will lead and direct project teams to develop and manage small to large scale environmental, Federal projects, and civil projects. They will establish client relationships and work within and outside of GHD’s network of clients to develop work. They will ensure deadlines and quality control measures are met, evaluate project work in accordance to a predetermined timeline and budget, consistently align with the strategic goals of the organization and the scope of the contract for projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Understand company goals and objectives; connect them strategically with day to day efforts, including project management from the initial development to the initiation stage through project closeout
- Direct all aspects of execution for projects in accordance with the scope of the contract including pre-bid and proposal preparations, project start up, contract management, resource loading and cost controls, material buy out, subcontractor management, cash flow management and change order negotiations
- Collect information using project control tools to show daily progress status, compile information weekly and coordinate monthly project status reports to communicate progress using the Risk Matrix, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) graphs to control projects
- Analyze physical progress and financial data to generate timely and accurate forecasts that support performance status reporting, including completion dates and financial results
- Establish and maintain effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment and additional work opportunities
- Proactively coach, train and motivate project teams; manage oversight of the project team and maintain project requirements for safety, quality, productivity to ensure they are maintained throughout the duration of the project
- Assist with the preparation of bids and proposals, generate, prepare and submit invoices per the terms of the contract for all assigned projects
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering/Science, or Construction Management or equivalent related combination of education and environmental remediation construction management experience
- 10+ years of experience managing civil construction projects including excavation/earthwork construction work/heavy civil construction; impoundment construction, mine closure, large scale earth moving, and demolition.
- Previous work experience must demonstrate a progressive increase in financial responsibility, supervisory accountability and leadership with a track record of meeting and exceeding company goals
- Experience with Federal projects will be considered a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Federal projects
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with little or no direct supervision and thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Experience with HCSS estimating and managing software a plus
- Reporting to our Houston or Baton Rouge office
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.