Position Overview: The Recycling Consultant will have day-to-day Business Development responsibility and strategic Account Management duties within the designated territory or customer segment. This individual develops a wide range of scrap metal suppliers ranging from industrial accounts, construction/demolition companies, facilities, and/or other sources from a wide assortment of origins.
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Director of Sales
- Understands a wide range of metal recycling services, commodity markets, and SWOT's pertaining to the company's industry / activities
- Builds a related network that can be leveraged for expertise, guidance, and opportunity
- Delivers the USM value proposition to potential clients and work to convert into long-term customers
- Creates and maintains a system that delivers extraordinary service on a regular basis
- Builds relationships by participating in trade associations, industry organizations and networking events
- BA or BS from a four year college
- Proven track record and direct sales experience
- Ability to identify, filter, and aggressively pursue potential suppliers.
- The Company desires a candidate who has shown a stable job history, dependable attendance practices and whose references can state is a trustworthy individual.
- Candidate must pass a pre-employment physical, background and credit check.
- Able to fulfill flexible scheduling requirements as determined by the manager and / or business needs of the operation; must be able to attend charity / networking / customer events after normal business hours