Are you an experienced safety professional that would benefit from an incredible work culture where safety and teamwork are top priorities? Join a highly tenured team with the #1 demolition contractor on the West Coast where everyone works well together allowing you greater efficiency with implementing new safety measures. Take pride in working for a company with such a great reputation in the industry while you earn great pay and benefits.
Silverado Contractors, the #1 demolition contractor on the West Coast, is seeking an experienced Safety Manager to join their team in Chino, CA.
In this critical role, you will be responsible for monitoring and coordinating company safety programs, including safety inspections, accident investigations, and safety training.
As a member of the safety team, you can expect:
- Top-notch culture and reputation - Based on the company's core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, appreciation, innovation, and perseverance that are fundamental to the company's culture.
- Competitive compensation: - based on your experience and contribution level.
- Excellent benefits package - including employer-paid health premiums for employees and families, HSA, FSA, Life Insurance and LTD, and a 401k plan with match and profit sharing.
- Generous PTO and 8 holidays.
- Interesting projects - Silverado Contractors has proudly worked on the Bay Bridge, Candlestick Park, Sixth Street Viaduct Bridge, Carquinez Bridge Approach Ramps, Warren Hall, and Bank of America Clock Tower demolition projects, among many others.
- Stability - Silverado has been in business for 20 years and continues to grow.
What you will bring to the position:
- 10+ years of safety experience within the construction, demolition, and/or excavation industries
- Working knowledge of Cal/Osha-Fed Osha regulations
- Reporting to the Corporate Safety Manager based in NorCal, participate in the development and implementation of company-wide safety programs such as lockout/tagout, confined space entry, air monitoring, fire protection, and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
- Advise and coach employees regarding safety protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies, including OSHA and EPA.
- Participate in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures.
- Conduct routine safety observations and audits.
- Follow-up and provide guidance on safety inspections of company work sites.
- Respond to emergency situations and safety incidents involving near hits, employee injuries, and hazardous materials events.
- Investigate incidents and accidents, prepare reports of findings, lessons learned, and corrective actions.
- Analyze accident and incident reports for trends; make recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and behaviors.
- Display excellent communication, presentation, and training skills.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Strong understanding of industry safety practices, processes, standards, technology, equipment, methods, and their impact on projects.
- Foster effective relationships with employees, vendors, contractors, and clients.
What's in it for you?
- Unmatched company culture.
- A company that invests in its employees' development.
- Very competitive compensation - commensurate with experience and a rich benefits package including company-paid health, dental and vision plans, HSA, FSA, LTD, Life Insurance, and 401k plan with employer match and profit sharing.
Local candidates encouraged to apply!
About the Company:
We are an industry-leading union contractor providing a full spectrum of demolition and excavation services to private developers, general contractors, industrial and public works clients throughout the west coast. Our scope of expertise includes every conceivable type of project including building demolition, selective demolition, industrial, marine, transportation, bridge removal, remediation, complete site decommissioning, plant closure, asset recovery and recycling, excavation, and site preparation. Notable past projects include the removal of the Bay Bridge, Candlestick Park, and the 6th Street Viaduct in Los Angeles. Please see our website at www.silveradocontractors.com.
Recruiters, please do not contact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.