Project EHS Manager
Position Description: Partner with the BUEHSD, PX, PM and Superintendents to ensure project site compliance with company environmental, safety and health policies and procedures. Lead, direct and enforce EH&S on a single construction project (generally $25M or greater) or on multiple projects within the business unit's geographic area, based on the safety staffing requirements as defined by Headquarters EH&S*. Identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices, and the Building L.I.F.E. program. Review and interpret environmental and hazardous materials reports and conditions and provide guidance to the project.
Reports to: Business Unit EH&S Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities**:
• Build working relationships with project partners to lead and direct assigned projects in implementing cultural changes in safety.
• Analyze problems, make recommendations, and drive positive change. Communicate to leadership and project team the requirements for improving performance including addressing issues, concerns, and corrective actions.
• Lead and direct project team on compliance with Turner's safety policies and procedures, and environmental operational program.
• Analyze Phase I, Phase II, and pre-demolition surveys to assure project-specific program addresses mitigation of environmental risks.
• Review Risk Management policies related to environmental compliance, coordinate pre-planning efforts and communicate requirements to project team and/or subcontractors. Coordinate mitigation activities with BUEHSD and Risk Management.
• Interpret OSHA and EPA regulations specific to environmental hazards, such as storm water, mold, asbestos, PCBs, and lead, etc.
• Develop and implement programs, beyond the overall project safety program, that benefit the safety, health and wellbeing of workers.
• Develop and provide owner reports and explain overall safety performance of project. Prepare and present project EH&S information at owner meetings.
• Negotiate contracts with vendors for safety services, off-site occupational health facilities and on-site medical services providers.
• Guide and develop Project Safety Assistants and Project Safety Managers (if applicable), preparing thorough, accurate, and timely performance evaluations, delivering honest and constructive feedback to direct reports at different levels, and tying individual employee goals to project and company objectives.
• Educate and mentor other project safety staff including joint venture partners.
• Participate in evaluation of staff in collaboration with the BUEHSD; identify staff development needs and recommend appropriate developmental activities.