Procurement and Purchasing Manager
This position is open as of 5/16/2018.
Procurement and Purchasing Manager - Estimating, Bidding, Procur
We are a general contractor that self performs our own site/demolition work, as well as subcontracting this services to other general contractors. As the company expands, we are in need of finding an experienced Procurement and Purchasing Manager that will be in charge of evaluating supplies, conducting interviews with potential vendors, negotiating supplier agreements and will also be managing supplier and vendor contracts. The Procurement and Purchasing Manager will also be in charge of the constant monitoring of the company purchases, deliveries, and what the company has spent in order to decide if goods are defective or won't meet performance demands. If this sounds interesting to you, please apply!
What You Will Be Doing
- Foster and enhance subcontractor relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communication with project staff with regard to subcontractors' performance.
- Participate in and assist with presentations and proposals.
- Work hand-in-hand with Estimating and Operations in developing and implementing bidding strategies when assembling competitive bids and proposals.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents to ensure all procurement requirements within scope are accomplished within budget.
- Establish and/or work with the job staff in establishing the procurement schedule of the job.
- Oversee and manage the bid, negotiation and award processes for all subcontractors and vendors.
- Receive quotes, prepare spreadsheets, and conduct scope review meetings with competitive subcontractors to confirm that they have complied with scope requirements, alternates and unit pricing.
- Evaluate available subcontractors to determine optimal selection for the project.
- Work with Operations to manage subcontractor failures, claims, liens, surety issues, etc.
- Conduct subcontractor evaluations at project completion, in conjunction with Operations.
What You Need for this Position
- A minimum of 5 years' management experience in purchasing and supply chain preferably in construction industry.
- Must have strong interpersonal, leadership, risk management, and negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with current software and programs (HCSS is a plus).
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Required SkillsEstimating, Bidding, Procurement, Supply Chain
If you are a good fit for the Procurement and Purchasing Manager - Estimating, Bidding, Procur position, and have a background that includes:
Estimating, Bidding, Procurement, Supply Chain and you are interested in working the following job types:
Construction, Engineering, Skilled Labor - Trades
Within the following industries:
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the job in more detail with you!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.