Managing Consultant – Decommissioning & Closure
Managing Consultant Decommissioning & Closure
Advisian, Worley GroupGlobal Decommissioning & Restoration Service LineHouston, TX
Advisian is the independent consulting business line of Worley with more than 3,000 people in 21 countries. We provide solutions for clients in the Hydrocarbons, Downstream, Chemicals, and Infrastructure industries. We have combined the deep technical consulting capabilities of Worley Consulting, Select and INTECSEA with our existing strategy and management consulting expertise. As part of one of the worlds largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. Worley is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customers expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
Overall ResponsibilitiesManaging consultant within the Decommissioning & Restoration (D&R) Service Line with the responsibility to deliver the budget for the Service Line in North America by focusing on people leadership, project execution, technical excellence, strategy, and seller-doer Sales. The role of the managing consultant is part of a global organization with a primary focus on decommissioning & closure and a secondary focus on overall D&R support. While the role will ultimately lead a team focused on delivery, the initial focus is on the development of the business line.
Key AccountabilitiesBusiness Development and Strategy
- Accountable for transforming the strategy into a sustainable practice with the global group. Includes working with global business leaders, other managing consultants, other parts of the business, and a wide range of contractors & subject matter experts (SMEs) to connect decommissioning capabilities inside and outside the business.
- Work with Global Service Line Leader to establish and meet revenue targets.
- Support seller-doers within the practice or Sector leaders across other areas on key/strategic pursuits and proposals.
- May progress and build key client relationships that support the overall Advisian strategy.
Leadership & People Management
- Provide leadership for the practice within the Service Line, with a secondary focus for all resources within the locational or geographic footprint.
- Responsible for identifying and hiring key technical talent to support to delivery of projects within the area of responsibility.
- Steer Performance Management expectations, engagement and requirements for direct reports and employees within the practice. Includes compliance with Global processes and frameworks.
- Accountable for the development, training and mentorship of the technical staff including adherence with professional association regulations where applicable.
- Provide OneWay leadership to deliver the vision of zero harm and ensure compliance with corporate management systems.
- Responsible for development of business line for the area of responsibility and meeting agreed upon budget targets & contribution margin for the practice.
- Responsible for overhead spending within the area of responsibility to ensure adequate control of budget.
- Responsible for the effective utilization of resources within the practice, where applicable.
- Fosters and promotes networks of peers & SMEs supporting the practice and Service Line.
- Monitor and manage resources within the practice including employees, SMEs and contractor network.
- Accountable for the profitable (meets as-sold) and successful delivery of projects within the capability center, including cash collection and use of best fit of capability for the client (i.e. Drive Key Account Management and provide project sponsorship, where needed).
- Support Project Managers, where needed, in gathering customer feedback, resolving customer concerns and ensuring project quality.
- Ensure project and practice compliance to internal business processes such as the Enterprise Management System (EMS) and external technical standards.
Qualifications and ExperienceDeactivation, Decommissioning, Decontamination and Demolition
- Significant experience planning, leading and managing decommissioning and demolition projects at large industrial facilities (oil and gas and/or power facilities preferred).
- Site and field experience, including contractor management.
- Planning and estimating.
- Hazardous materials surveys.
- Site handover from client operations personnel following deactivation or cessation of production.
- Decommissioning and decontamination of a wide variety of industrial systems in preparation for demolition or salvage activities.
- Above-ground and subsurface demolition activities on operating as well as abandoned sites.
- Critical lifts.
- Stack demolition.
- Salvage and resale management.
- Preparation of sites for subsurface remediation.
- Preparation of daily, weekly, or milestone-based progress communication for internal and external clients.
- Significant experience leading and contributing to project proposals.
- Comfortable presenting group capabilities to internal and external clients. Ability to foster collaboration across capability center and other service lines within the group as well as other parts of Advisian, business lines and Worley.
- Able to travel regionally and globally (as needed) to represent Advisian and/or broader Worley organization in sales pursuits and support teams/projects.
- General wider understanding of Advisian capabilities and offerings across our Service Lines in the Environment management consulting and remaining technical consulting/advisory space.
Customer and People Leadership
- Knowledge and/or experience with typical client issues, capabilities, and clusters related to Environmental offerings, specifically in the Decommissioning & Restoration areas.
- Technically able to support field-based teams in developing commercials and project delivery, where needed.
- Excited to mentor and develop high-performing personnel.
- Experience actively managing field-based, remote and/or multi-location teams to deliver on strategy and targets.
- Significant senior level experience in a Leadership Engineering & Consulting role and keen to participate as a member of the Global Service Line Leadership team. Experience in setting and meeting agreed upon budget targets and other key metrics, such as Contribution Margin.
Accreditation and Training
- Relevant Science, Engineering, Business or Industry related degree or equivalent qualification.
Advisian (partof the Worley organization) offers an excellent remuneration & benefitspackage, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment alongwith the opportunity to develop your career prospects in locations all over theglobe.
Westrive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmentalperformance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, andzero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefsand commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors,competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within thecompany.
We thank allcandidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews willbe contacted. Advisian (part of the Worley) is an equal opportunity employer.