Laborer – Atqasuk
A Laborer is defined as a person with the skill and experience necessary to perform a variety of general construction activities under the direction of an experienced Job Foreman or Crew Leader. This position must be willing and able to follow instruction and learn quickly from lead craftsmen.
- Perform tasks on all areas and aspects of construction projects.
- Must be able to assist in the lay-out, measuring, planning, and execution of work activities.
- Typical work will involve moving material, forms, demolition, mucking concrete, site cleanup, and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Construction experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of a variety of both power and hand tools.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and the ability to work as a member of a team.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver’s License is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to be able to stand, walk, sit, kneel, use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and some equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift 50. Job requires the ability to perform tasks on all areas and aspect of a construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.