HOURLY: Machinist, Journeyman
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. It's not just a job, it's a career! Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Journeyman Machinist to join our team at our manufacturing facility in Richmond, VA.
As a Journeyman Machinist you will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and equipment associated with all primary production, auxiliary and support equipment using a wide variety of hand and power tools, technical manuals, blue prints, drawings, and other documentation. You will have the opportunity to:
- Perform preventive maintenance and basic construction work (rigging, installation and demolition) and able to operate machine shop equipment.
- Follow all prescribed safety precautions, procedures, standards and regulations; work with operators, craftsman and contractors to resolve technical issues.
- Gather, review and analyze information to identify and/or resolve problems.
- Perform complex machining operations on many kinds of shop tools; drill press, lathes, milling machines, boring machines, precision grinding machines and numerous shop hand tools, to include precision measuring tools.
- Work independently, with others or in groups.
You will love it here if…
- You are enthusiastic and a professional team player
- You have a sense of urgency
- You pay great attention to detail
- You are looking for an opportunity to grow in your career and advance your skills
We need you to have:
- High school diploma or GED
- A formal machinist or related mechanical apprenticeship with three (3) or more years' experience as a machinist / industrial mechanic in a high speed manufacturing environment; OR the equivalent experience / training and proficiency with five (5) or more years' experience as a machinist / industrial mechanic in a high speed manufacturing environment; OR An Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology with three (3) years' experience as a machinist / industrial mechanic in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Skills to machine precision parts from detailed blueprints and sketches with specified tolerances.
- Knowledge of the operation or use of related specialized tools and equipment
- Ability to climb and work in high or confined spaces
- Good communication skills, both oral & written and the ability to carry out instructions when given verbally or in writing is required.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 work scheduled manufacturing facility including off-shifts.
Icing on the cake:
Want to know more? Check out our website or connect with us on LinkedIn!
Apply today to join a fast-growing innovative company!
Not a good fit but know someone who is? Please refer them!
No relocation assistance is available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.