Health and Safety Officers
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently looking for junior – experienced Health and Safety professionals to join our growing team in Page, AZ!
This role will support Tetra Tech’s Construction Management team during the Decommissioning, Decontamination, Demolition and Restoration (DDDR) activities of a power plant including closure of CCR landfill, closure of evaporation ponds and solid waste landfill, removal of catenary lines, and demolition and removal of 3 – 750 MW power units and all associated equipment. The Health and Safety Professionals will report to the on-site Construction Manager.
• Be proactive in identifying and evaluating safety and health hazards in the construction and remediation industries.
• Work collaboratively with project team to control hazards through elimination, engineering controls, and work standards.
• Prepare Activity Hazard Analyses and daily Job Safety Analyses; issue hazardous work permits; and be involved in management of change processes.
• Actively foster participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
• Daily monitoring and oversight of contractor adherence to task health and safety plan.
• Develop an understanding of the proper use and limitations of health and safety equipment, as well as new designs/equipment.
• Administrative duties such as daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
• Conduct and participate in inspections, monitoring and maintaining records.
• Keep current with developments in and interpretation of Environmental Occupational Health & Safety and Quality standards and regulations.
• Investigate injuries, illnesses and incidents; implement emergency procedures.
• Conduct safety briefings and other on-site staff training.
• Be able to work productively with all members of the project team including employees, management, subcontractors and client personnel.
• Monitor adherence to project plans and specifications; ensure implementation of documentation requirements.
• Assist with implementing industrial hygiene air quality sampling.
• Perform various other tasks as assigned.