Health and Safety Manager
This position is open as of 5/16/2018.
Health and Safety Manager - HSE, OSHA Training, Construction
We are a general contractor that self performs our own site/demolition work, as well as subcontracting this services to other general contractors. As the company expands, we are in need of finding an experienced Health and Safety Manager to work on high profile projects for the company. While working as the Health and Safety Manager, one would partner with the Project Managers and Superintendents to make sure that the project site is compliant with our companies Environmental, Health & Safety and risk control policies and procedures. The Health and Safety Manager will also be responsible for leading, directing, and enforcing safety on all our job sites based on the safety staffing requirements as defined by OSHA and the municipalities' rules. One will also have to identify, control, and eliminate hazardous conditions that could lead to injury and/or property damage using safety standards and best management practices.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build working relationships with project staff and Subcontractors' Safety Representatives.
- Contribute to the development of the overall project safety program.
- Enforce Safety Program and related policies and procedures and implement immediate corrective actions in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations and client's requirements.
- Hold pre-construction planning meeting with subcontractors to review overall site safety program and job hazard analysis for their scope of work, and ensure plans are in place to mitigate risks.
- Ensure proper pre-planning for all activities and tasks for subcontractors and trades.
- Manage time and resource allocation appropriately to provide overall safety leadership to assigned project(s).
- Create safety reports for the project, analyzing metrics and making recommendations for improvement over baseline.
- Supervise and provide guidance for the development of Project Safety Assistant, communicating clear objectives, goals and related deliverables and holding direct reports accountable.
- Evaluate training needs and make recommendations to Management team.
- Actively participate in reducing Project Incident Rates by meeting or exceeding established goals and manage regulatory exposures to zero citations.
What You Need for this Position
- Four year degree in Occupational Safety and Health, engineering or similar with at least five years of building construction safety experience preferred.
- A minimum of OSHA 30 hour training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques is required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify known potential exposures and lead implementation of corrective actions.
- Demonstrated management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and train others.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite programs.
Required SkillsHSE, OSHA Training, Construction
If you are a good fit for the Health and Safety Manager - HSE, OSHA Training, Construction position, and have a background that includes:
HSE, OSHA Training, Construction and you are interested in working the following job types:
Construction, Engineering, Skilled Labor - Trades
Within the following industries:
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the job in more detail with you!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.