Fuel and Ash Coordinator
Summary: This is a skilled management position that will function under limited supervision and that will act as a fully invested
team member with site management. The Fuel and Ash Coordinator will fully report to the Plant Manager but will interact regularly with various fuel supply vendors as well as the plant owners on an as needed basis and in a fully professional manner. The position will apply interactive communicative skills to fully engage with the various fuel material suppliers and ash disposal vendors. This position will be tasked with developing and strengthening
material fuel supply chains while ensuring that all supplied fuel material fully complies with all permit requirements for both the Franklin and Madison biomass plants. This position will also continually manage all plant ash disposal options with the ultimate goal of zero disposal costs to each plant and will ensure that all selected vendors fully meet all regulatory requirements as dictated by the State of Georgia. While at each plant this position is expected
to assist in various plant activities as directed by plant manager. This position will also perform routine sampling audits on various fuel vendors on a regular basis. This position is fully expected to adhere to all ethical and workplace standards as established by Veolia. The position daily hours will be scheduled by the Plant Manager.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Fully engages in and practices all Veolia Safe Work and Environmental practices and procedures and all Veolia job related rules and processes.
- Spends a minimum of 16 hours per week at each plants fuel yard observing trucks, assisting with Tipper Operations and helping to clear clogs and upgrade housekeeping when time permits.
- Actively function as a member of management of each facility.
- Spends one day per week performing fuel and ash related audits.
- Monitors and actively participates in the location and discovery of additional fuel procurement vendors while focusing on quality material at the lowest absolute cost.
- Works closely with site management as a fully committed team member.
- Monitors and suggests improvements to fuel yard while recognizing the limitations of equipment and being fully aware of any generation sensitive activities.
- Obtains accurate and timely schedule updates from fuel vendors and performs QA/QC on information received.
- Performs random fuel audits on various suppliers while working closely with the site EH&S Manager and ensuring that all audits are properly documented.
- Ensures that all fuel suppliers have submitted properly documented fuel validation letters and that such letters are properly documented.
- Fully practices resource loading and adjusting resources as needs advance.
- Performs Critical Path analyses, Root Cause Analysis and Earned Value analyses.
- Prepares monthly fuel reports and other analyses as directed by management.
- During periods of fuel or plant outages is expected to assist in the fuel yards as directed by the plant manager.
- On a regular basis perform and prepare fuel yard inventory analysis to present to the owner.
- Obtain fuel and ash samples and test samples utilizing site lab equipment for HHV, Density, Moisture and particle sizing on a regular basis.
- Other activities as directed by the plant manager.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
10 plus years of fuel procurement or similar related experience
Experience within a biomass power plant environment or similar industrial exposure
Proficient with SAP, Oracle, Coupa or similar
Cost tracking Budget Preparation
Possess Excellent Communication skills
Possess Excellent organizational skills
US Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA
- Experience with Biosolids/Biomass or Biofuels
- Experience with Brownfield and Greenfield construction waste sites
- Experience with clean construction and demolition fuel related material
- Experience with wood ash disposal sites and regulations