Looking for entry level or experienced candidates. Some construction labor experience and/or OSHA Hazwoper (40 hour) certification a plus.
This position is in a construction environment, working around heavy equipment. It requires travel to multiple state client locations, working outdoors in all types of weather, lifting 50-100 lbs.
Responsible for learning and performing various aspects of field work related to soil excavation/removal; remediation systems installation; demolition; clean construction. Includes site grading; site capping; underground storage tank (UST) removals, emergency response; and chemical mixing operations.
1. Assist Heavy Equipment Operators in the field with soil excavation/removal; remediation systems installation; demolition; clean construction. Includes site grading; site capping; underground storage tank (UST) removals, emergency response; and chemical mixing operations.
2. Laborer – working on equipment when broken down in the field, shoveling soil cuttings, moving filled drums, saw cutting and working with concrete, and heavy lifting.
3. Must have a willingness to learn to operate heavy construction equipment to include: skid steer loaders, bull dozers, excavators, front end loaders, backhoes etc.
4. Some positions learn to operate a variety of equipment: explosion meter, Hnu, laser, concrete saw, jackhammer, drum vacuum, pressure washer, generator, trash pump, fusion welder, cutting torches, welding equipment, air knife, compressor, forklift, skid steer and attachments, and mini-excavator.
5. Assist in loading trucks and other job preparation activities.
6. Mobilize to and from project job sites.
7. Setup job, complete load lists, and perform on-site work.
8. Verify public and private utility locates have been completed and are appropriately marked before performing any work.
9. Perform daily record keeping and reporting of time/hours billed and expenses.
10. Work safely and within EFS standards on safety practices; maintain safety as a top jobsite priority; report all incidents and/or near misses.
11. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); some activities performed in Level C PPE with respirator.