Orion Marine Group is a leading heavy civil marine contractor headquartered in Houston, Texas. We offer a wide range of services and turnkey solutions in marine construction, design, and specialty services on, over, and under the water throughout the continental United States, Alaska, Canada, and the Caribbean Basin.
The Company’s heavy civil marine construction services include marine transportation facility construction, dredging, repair and maintenance, bridge building, marine pipeline construction, as well as specialty services. The Company’s specialty services include salvage, demolition, diving, surveying, towing and underwater inspection, excavation and repair.
For additional information, go to: http://www.orionmarinegroup.com.
Orion Marine Group has an immediate opening for a Field Engineer, in Tampa, FL. This position is accountable for providing filed engineering project support to Orion Marine Construction, Inc. This includes inspection of project materials to be used and providing work control guidelines required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by craft workers. The incumbent will typically work closely with the Project Manager, Project Superintendent, Barge Foremen, Safety Director, Boat Captain, Pile Driver, Welders, Carpenters, Helpers, Laborers and other skilled or semi-skilled craft workers on the jobsite to ensure successful project completion and close out.
- Works with the Project Management Team and jobsite work crews to ensure the successful completion of on-going or new projects.
- Assists in the development of bid proposals for upcoming marine construction and services projects when assigned to the office.
- Estimates costs to be incurred in upcoming projects accounting for materials, services, labor, and other associated costs.
- Performs drafting, charging and similar graphical work.
- Works with Project Manager to ensure procurement of materials from suppliers that are required at the jobsite to complete the project.
- Inventories, checks, examines and measures materials received to ensure quality and quantity.
- Interprets project plans and specifications.
- Provides work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by crafts, i.e., forms for concrete pours, anchor bolts, piping hangers and supports, etc.
- Checks as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques.
- Provides topographic and cross-section surveys as required by planning and payment quantities and also provides quantity calculations as required.
- Maintains condition adjustment of surveying equipment.
- Coordinates surveying activities with the assigned engineer to meet the construction requirements.
- Ensures that project team members and work crews work in a safe manner and are knowledgeable of safe work practices and policies.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- All employees, current and former, must maintain confidentiality by not disclosing to others any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information belonging to the Company.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all our co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.)