Excavation Foreman (Internal Candidates Only)
Job ID: 223919
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position requiring employee to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in excavation, backfill, loading/placement of materials, site grading, surface and subgrade preparation, and as defined below. This position is a direct report to the Field Superintendent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and enforce company safety policies.
- Conduct daily TRACK meetings and ensure good risk assessments for all work activities.
- Ensure the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job.
- Attend project handoff meetings with Estimator and Superintendent and understand project scope.
- Manage permitting and updating of Blue Stakes.
- Set daily production goals for work activities and report progress to Superintendent.
- Organize and schedule crews/equipment daily and weekly.
- Train new crew members.
- Responsible for quality control of all work performed by crews (grade, compaction, etc.)
- Work with Trucking Supervisor to manage trucks on jobsites.
- Clean and prepare equipment prior to transport.
- Ensure that equipment is properly used and maintained while on site.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely equipment write-ups to initiate necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Perform proper pre and post inspections of equipment each day.
- Secure and properly park equipment at end of shift.
- Input all required data into Infield program daily including but not limited to progress for all phases in which cost are incurred.
- Review project cost reports weekly with superintendent and discuss progress.
- Conduct equipment and task training for crew members as required and as directed by the Superintendent.
- Properly obtain materials onsite through utilization of purchase order system.
- Other duties as assigned per Supervisor
Will directly supervise 5 to 10 earthwork employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and 3 to 5 years of related earthwork experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Standard Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GRIP - with at least 90 lbs. of force
CLIMBING - in, around, and on equipment
HEAVY LIFTING - of extremely awkward parts and equipment up to75 lbs. from floor to waist AWKWARD POSITIONS – getting to and from both sitting and kneeling on the ground
FLEXIBILITY- awkward reaches
BALANCE – including standing and walking on extremely slick and uneven surfaces while carrying.
VISION- 20/40 corrected vision to see moving safety hazards, moving equipment, vehicles, and obstructions
HEARING – corrected to hear verbal safety warnings and instructions from coworkers
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.