Estimator – Site Work & Demolition Contractor – DC
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Hybrid Estimator/Business Development role for a reputable and well established specialty contractor serving the DC market and beyond. Their high-performing Estimating department is seeking to hire an individual looking for a rewarding, long-term career.
With over 80 years in business, this specialty contractor has established themselves as the go-to partner for demolition and highly technical structural renovations. Beyond providing first in class service to their clients, this group truly cares about their employees. Family oriented, progressive visions for growth, work hard/ play hard mentality, and an emphasis on work-life balance - you'll find all of this here.
- Review drawings, specifications, and addendums for complete and timely takeoffs
- Attend pre-bid walkthroughs with a keen attention to detail regarding the scope of work
- Consultation with the client to review scope on every bid prior to finalization
- Price change orders
- Follow up on past bids and gather feedback
- Coordinate with Operations to provide turnover of new projects
- Establish relationship and rapport with clients to gain valuable insight on bids and competitors
- Attend, as seen appropriate, social events to promote the company and network with the industry
- Build and foster gainful channels of business development for future bid opportunities
- Minimum 2 years in an estimating role for either a subcontractor or general contractor
- Passion for and general understanding of trades within the construction industry
- Natural knack for maintaining and growing business relationships
- MUST be a "people person"
- Must be a master multi-tasker and navigate fast paced environments with ease
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to ask questions, and ability to do so thoughtfully
- Thrive off of a timeline-driven environment
If you describe yourself as a "self starter" and are eager to join a growing team moving at a fast pace - this is for you!
- Competitive base salary contingent on experience (up to 120K)
- 401K with company match
- Eligible for yearly bonus
- 2 weeks PTO
- Vehicle allowance and gas card
- A work life balance your friends in the industry will envy!
Interested? Submit your resume today for review within 48 business hours!