Demolition and Soil Contamination Estimator
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As a demolition estimator, your job is to estimate the cost of a demolition project. You predict the cost of labor based on the construction of the building and the materials that you need to remove. You may work exclusively in this role, or provide an estimate and complete the demolition itself. This is a highly detail-oriented job where slight errors can affect the success of an entire construction project.
Our client has been a leader in the Michigan construction contracting field for over 30 years serving clients across the midwest.
They have a highly qualified staff with experience in the development of commercial, residential, municipal and industrial sites through construction, demolition and remediation activities.
Our client was established in the 1980s in Grand Ledge, Michigan. they are a family owned business that has now grown to add offices in multiple states. They are active in seven states and have been successful in construction activities for many years.
The Estimator is responsible for creating project estimates and keeping track of them throughout the entire project duration. Retrieve the information accurately, manage all vendors and subcontractors for the entire estimate process This position entails creating project schedules and budgets.
- Develop cost estimates, bids, and proposals for projects
- Create schedules for the project duration
- Contribute to weekly meetings with development and operations teams
- Work with the project management team
- Propose options and cost management techniques throughout the project
- Compare estimated and actual costs and schedules
- Analyze and compare estimated data
- Maintain the estimating database
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Work quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Read and interpret construction drawings, dimensions, details, and specifications
- Good analytical and mathematical skills
- Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Previous Civil Construction Experience
- Experienced in HCSS Heavy bad or similar Estimating Software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Products
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Family-Owned company culture
- Full benefits package
- Career Growth (fast track into a division role)
- Work-life balance