This individual will be responsible for estimating projects through a variety of civil fields including site development, utility construction, highway and road construction, bridge construction, demolition work, and environmental construction and remediation. The individual to be hired can be fast-tracked into a division lead role if they wish to pursue one.
A leader in the construction contracting field for over 30 years, my client is experienced in the development of commercial, residential, municipal and industrial sites through civil construction, remediation, and demolition activities. A family owned business founded in Grand Ledge, my client is now active in Seven States with multiple offices across Michigan.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid/project as assigned
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Review schedule of projects being estimated
- Organize estimating team to prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Perform or assist risk and contract management responsibilities as required
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and figures.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Monitor client addendum and advise the estimating team on changes during the estimate period
- Prepare or assist bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors
- Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Previous Civil Construction Experience
- Experienced in HCSS Heavy bad or similar Estimating Software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Products
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus potential
- Family-Owned company culture
- Full benefits package
- Career Growth