Central Office/Headend Lead Installer
Telecom Cable Installer Levels 2, 3,4:
We are looking for experienced Telecom installation personnel to help grow our team of installation professionals to support our ever growing client work load. Your role will be to install Telecom equipment and cabling in client central offices, Co-locations, and/or Head-end sites in VA
* Minimum 2-5 years of experience working specifically in Central Office, Co-locations, and or Head-end environment, with references.
* Physically install CAT5, Enhanced CAT5, CAT6, and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
* Install outlets; pull cable; fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing, and labeling cables to industry standards.
* Terminate, assemble, and install 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors, light crimp connectors, and optical fiber ST and/or SC ceramic connectors.
* Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
* Diagnose and correct copper and optical fiber problems.
* Removal and demolition of abandoned cables.
* Perform site surveys; read and use blueprints; and conduct visual site inspections.
* Perform cable splices for copper and optical fiber (mechanical and fusion).
* Perform and supervise work in retrofit and new construction environments and implement cut-overs.
* Identify active circuits.
* Experience with DC Power equipment
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.