Michelson Realty Company is looking for an experienced Carpenter to work at one of its premiere apartment communities in St. Louis, MO. Candidate must have a good work ethic, positive attitude, and be fluent in English. Candidate without apartment maintenance experience or equivalent trade experience will not be considered. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, including a 401(k).
The Carpenter’s primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to "market ready" status in a timely manner. Work must be completed according to the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor’s timetable and specifications. The Carpenter may also assist in other maintenance departments at the community.
· Conducts all business and work in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
· Inspects vacated apartments and completes checklists in regard to getting the apartment “market ready.”
· Informs Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager of needed services and repairs.
· Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore apartment to "market ready" status:
o Conducts any demolition required in an apartment and assists with the removal of heavy/bulk items to the dumpster.
o Checks all lights/electrical and replaces as necessary
o Replaces or repairs windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, and closets.
o Repair or replace appliances if needed.
o Checks faucets, sink plugs, and repairs/replaces as necessary.
o Performs exterior repairs to sinks, bathtubs, etc., when warranted
o Assists with painting duties when requested. Transfers paint from storage areas to apartment units when painting is scheduled.
o Repairs or replaces curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
o Repairs plaster holes in walls, paints as necessary
o Inspects bathroom tiles, performs minor repairs/replacements
o Changes A/C filters
o Operates carpet cleaning equipment to clean carpets
o Change out locks and create new keys for apartments and mailboxes.
· Assists in keeping grounds clean at all times.
· Assists maintenance when requested.
· Delivers notices to all apartment
· Reports supply needs to manager and/or senior maintenance technician.
· Performs other tasks as assigned by manager or maintenance supervisor.