U.S. Facilities, Inc., a consolidated building maintenance services company, is seeking a Carpenter to work in the Richmond VA area.
The applicant will be responsible to construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter's hand tools and power tools, while conforming to local building codes to maintain the building as well as the building's perimeter.
Additional duties included but are not limited to:
- Hang and finish sheetrock/drywall by means of sheetrock screws or nails, install J bead, joint tape, apply joint compound/plaster or other related products to prepare finish surface for paint.
- Install light gauge metal wall/ceiling framing.
- Construct, erect, install and repair structures, structural members and fixtures made of wood, plywood, wallboard and materials that take the place of wood, such as plastic, metals, composites, fiberglass and cement board.
- Layout, construct and install footings, floors, walls, roofs, doors, windows, stairways, etc.
- Erect and use all types of scaffolding, staging, etc., as necessary.
- Repair and replace doors, walls, ceilings, siding, window frames, sashes, stairs, handrails, casework, etc.
- Repair and replace building structure, i.e., studs, joists, trusses, rafters, beams, etc.
- Modify existing, construct new or relocate existing wood framed room partitions, permanent or temporary in nature.
- Install interior and exterior trim and other related finish work, i.e., window and door trim, baseboard, chair rail, cornice, etc.
- Install vinyl base.
- Patch carpet and install new carpet tiles.
- Install and maintain all types of hardware, i.e., window and door locks, hinges, etc.
- Install casework/cabinetry.
- Install suspended ceiling tile and grid systems.
- Perform demolition work as necessary to include, but not limited to, partitions, doors, frames, ceilings, carpet, base, etc.
- Clean, prepare, prime and paint various surfaces, including both, interior and exterior surfaces.
- Apply multiple coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel or lacquer to interior and exterior surfaces, trimmings and fixtures of buildings and other structures.
- Use brushes, spray gun and paint rollers as appropriate for the task.
- Erect and use scaffolding and/or ladders as needed.
- Four (4) at the journeyman's experience.
- Four (4) years of foreman experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience maintaining and repairing wooden structures and fixtures in Government office buildings.
- Knowledge of VA provisions of building code and local ordinances to ensure conformance.
- Must be in possession of journeyman's carpenter license and must conform to all city, state and federal licensing and certification requirements.
- Must possess the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alterations.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and manuals.
- Valid Drivers' License required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.