Account Manager – Sacramento CA
The Penhall Company, is looking for an Account Manager in Sacramento to join our team. We are looking for a fast paced and energetic Outside Sales Account Manager/Representative to support existing clients and grow new opportunities, prefer candidates to have strategic relationships within the construction industry.
Penhall has been the go-to concrete services partner for a wide-range of industries since 1957. What began as a single flat saw operation has developed into an expansive offering of concrete solutions, including concrete scanning, cutting, sawing and breaking/removal. Today, Penhall is the largest U.S. supplier of concrete services. Our capabilities and expertise span across 43 locations in 21 states & Canada.
The successful candidate will be a determined self-starter who is highly out-going, expected to be socially-poised when interacting with clients, must have the ability to work independently and be eager to execute a high volume of personal client interactions. At the same time, the candidate must be diligent and thorough in identifying and completing follow-up activities with prospects and clients.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Traveling assigned area & beyond approximately 50% to aggressively drive and generate new business
- Target, qualify and pursue leads in accordance with company strategy and techniques
- Plan and perform quality sales calls, appointments, and site visits.
- Estimate, Propose, manage and invoice captured projects.
- Negotiate and submit change orders when applicable.
- Familiar with Construction, Concrete cutting, demolition equipment and procedures a plus.
- Provide accurate weekly forecasting, including deal value, status, decision makers and steps to close
- Create opportunities through a high volume of contact calls to targeted constituents
- Engage and involve project manager(s) and subject matter expert(s) for additional discovery and qualification
- Prospecting through all available means
- Build Penhall Company local reputation by representing Penhall in community and industry organizations
- Consultative sales training preferred
- CRM database experience (salesforce preferred)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to read and understand drawings for takeoff/estimate preparation.
- Math skills necessary for calculating volume, production rates and quantities for bid preparation.
- Previous experience with client management
- Ability to track and manage client engagement activity, using CRM and other methods.
- Must be willing and receptive to training and personal development
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively
Penhall Company Offers:
- An excellent compensation package for our sales staff
- Base salary plus aggressive commission schedule
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, life coverage, and 401(k) profit sharing plan w/Employer Match
- Generous Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay
- Car allowance plus mileage plan.
- Company laptop & cell phone provided
- Comprehensive training and onboarding program
The Penhall Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled persons to apply.